Kilmoney SHD, Carrigaline
Strategic Housing Development Application
Kilmoney, Kilmoney Road, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
Reside Investments Ltd., are applying for permission for a strategic housing development at Kilmoney (Townland), Kilmoney Road, Carrigaline,, Co. Cork.
The site, which is 3.07 hectares in area, is located in the townland of Kilmoney within the town of Carrigaline. The subject site is situated to the west of the Carrigaline town centre and approximately 10 kilometres to the southwest of Cork City Centre. The 2017 Ballincollig Carrigaline Municipal District Local Area Plan includes the specific zoning objective: CL-T-01. This objective is to provide for “Town Centre Uses”. The proposed development will ensure the provision of a mixed use residential and retail development. In line with the objectives of the 2014 Cork County Development Plan, the 2022 Draft Cork County Development Plan and the 2017 Ballincollig Carrigaline Municipal District Local Area Plan, the proposed development, which qualifies as a Strategic Housing Development (SHD) under the provision of the new Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016, comprises:
- The construction of 224 no. residential units consisting of 202 no. proposed apartments in 2 no. blocks, ranging in height up to 6 to 7 storeys and 22 no. townhouse/duplex units:
- A 184 m2 creche/childcare facility;
- The provision of landscaping and amenity areas to include 1 no. local play area, 1 no. kick about areas, an activity trail/greenway along the river, a gathering area/amphitheatre with tiered seating areas, a civic space/promenade and 2 no. courtyard areas;
- The provision of 3 no. retail units, residential amenity and management spaces at ground and first floor level; and
- All associated ancillary development including vehicular access, and a cycle/pedestrian connection on to the R611/main street (via an activity trail/greenway along the river), lighting, drainage, roads, boundary treatments, ESB Substation, bicycle & car parking and bin storage.
An Environmental Impact Assessment and a Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development and accompanies this application.